Thursday, November 24, 2016

If my memory serves me right...it might be a first!

I don't remember that.
I have been trying to remember (with little success) when I first noticed that I didn't always remember things correctly.  I know it has been over a period of several years and it hasn't gotten any worse.  It just "is what it is".

Names are particularly challenging to me.  Whether it is the name of a musical group, movie, book or person, I can slaughter them all. The bad thing about getting a person's name wrong is that if I go uncorrected for any amount of time, then I start second guessing myself as to which name is actually the right one. That is where "hey, buddy" has come in handy for me.....many times.

I know my daughters (yes, plural) take particular delight when I misspeak.  An early example was when the group "Lifehouse" became popular.  I really enjoyed their music.  Unfortunately, for the longest time I thought they were "Lighthouse".  Sigh.

Obviously my memory isn't hopeless, because I can remember my mistakes.

Just last night I very seriously asked my husband, "Did Charlie Stone lose his job?"  He looked at me like I WAS CRAZY and said "who is Charlie Stone?"  As I turned to Madison so that we could enjoy some humor, I saw she was indeed laughing...but not WITH me,  She said, "Do you mean Charlie Strong?"  Dear.  Lord.

I like to think I am a comedian, but only when I know what I am trying to be funny.  It shouldn't be this difficult.

We have a lady at work that is not named Gwen,  Why I persist in calling her that makes perfect sense to me as she reminds me of a Gwen I used to know.  The progress I would like to report is that now when I call her Gwen, I say I mean.......(insert her name here).  And yes, I know it, but this is a small world we live in,

Before we had access to smart phones, I would get lost so many times (even one dark moment is an extremely large and busy parking lot) WITH THE KIDS.  It's not something I am proud of.

As I approach the next decade (of my life), the only consolation I have is that now I can blame it on age.

But in reality, it's just who I am.

Until next time,
#merrychristmas

your pal,
Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence