Wednesday, April 26, 2017

My latest kick?

In the mail today, I received a tea strainer I had ordered.  My husband said - what is this?  Your latest kick now?  While I answered quickly that I would be drinking "leaf" tea as opposed to commercially packaged tea bags, his statement did give me pause.

What did he mean by "my latest kick"?

So, it might have something to do with what I read.  Anything I read that seems worthwhile, I do like to apply to our daily living.  Yes, "us" as opposed to just "me".  He might be on to something,

Order up!
About a year ago, I read about the amazing benefits of maca.  I didn't even know what this was but I quickly googled maca and before I knew it, I had ordered two different colors, one for each of us, If it works for Jennifer Aniston.....This was a powder and not very tasty if it wasn't mixed thoroughly in a drink.  After that experiment (well, we might have gone through several rounds of the powder), we progressed to the liquid drop supplement,  Not bad at all but it just didn't last as long.  Currently we are taking maca supplements.

I did go through a phase (solo on this one) of drinking apple cider vinegar (like shots) but after a few weeks, I just couldn't stomach it anymore.  Surely there was something else I could try,

Before we go any further, you might be asking yourself, why do I try these different things.  Thanks for asking.  Many reasons of course, with the primary one being for the benefits of anti-aging and long term good health.  Mr. French always has one foot in the grave (so to speak) so it compels me to continue to find things that are good for him,  And if it is good enough for him, then I better get on board.

Lately I have been subscribing to Hello Fresh.  I can promise you that all this "non processed" eating is having a great effect on my menu planning (and hopefully our health).  I had to skip my delivery this week since we were out of town.  No worries, Hello Kari can put together a plated meal with the best of them. Every day is like a restaurant meal (except I have to fix it....and I have yet to receive a tip).  Yet, I am having fun,

So back to the tea strainer.  More recently I have been drinking hot tea at least once a day for medicinal purposes.   Just to name a couple, it could be ginger tea (digestive benefits) or peppermint tea (soothes an upset stomach) .  Black and green tea are great also.

Then I read the benefits of drinking loose leaf tea.

So apparently I am on my latest "kick".  I will say that most of my "kicks" tend to have staying power.  Did I mention my twice weekly yoga classes?

Until next time,
#flattummytea


your pal,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence