Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The Rear view window...of life

When you look back,what do you see?  Or should I say, what do you focus on, when you sneak that peek of the past?  We all take a quick peak over our shoulder,  especially this time of year.  And the interesting thing is, no matter what we see in reflection - nothing can be changed.

#everyday
In fact, any time we look in the rear view mirror (literally) it is just to see where we have been, or what might be coming up on us.  Today I was so busy checking my rear view mirror, I almost missed my exit.  Nothing looming behind me that could trigger a reaction, but I certainly wasn't focused on where I was going for that brief second.

Some of us have printed on our rear view mirror, "objects may be closer than the appear".  As the years go by, I can attest to many times when my reflective mirror brings the past to my front door.

And the longer we live, the more crowded the sights in the rear view mirror become.  What was significant one year, pales in comparison as we move forward.  (Note:  never think it can't get worse)

Then we begin the "what if" stage of our passing glance.  What if I said this???  Or what if I did that??  Everything would have changed.  At least that is what we think.  When in reality, we don't know that with any certainty....it just gives us the illusion of control.

Another major risk of looking too long in the rear view mirror, is that we may collide head-on, with what the future holds.  Or, maybe we will miss what was there all along.  Life certainly takes our full attention and trying to dabble in the past can upset the present apple cart. 

What will 2018 hold?  The New Year signifies new beginnings, efforts, opportunities for many.  Yet if we really want to have some illusion of "control" (or at least choice) in this life, our "New Year" can start any time we want to institute change.  When we look at life that way, every day is an opportunity...and more importantly, a blessing.

I don't know about you, but I am going to look at this New Year as a opportunity, ONE DAY AT A TIME.  There are many things I hope to accomplish and I am going to renew my efforts... daily!

Until next time,
#HAPPYNEWYEAR
#EVERYDAY

your pal,
Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence