Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Facing your fear - don't let me stand in your way!!

This is one of my favorite Far Side cartoon's and I have kept it taped to whatever desk I have sat at since March 17, 1982.  It makes me smile every time I look at it, but on a deeper level, it also makes me think.

Most of us don't want any trouble.  We sometimes find ourselves in the wrong place at the wrong time; sometimes we suffer from "foot in mouth" disease and cause our own problems but at the end of the day, all we want is to GET ALONG and GET IT DONE!!!!

I had a dream recently that really stuck with me-  I was running outside to get something - I don't know what but at some point I realized I was in my pajamas. (YIKES)  As I raced back inside, just as I was closing the front door, from the corner of my eye, I saw an inside door shut.  Because I was home alone, I became filled with fear.

The more frightened I became, the more cloudy my vision became.  I began to stumble around the room and it started to become smaller and smaller until it wasn't a room at all.

When my vision cleared, I was in a wasteland of sorts, flooding was going on, storms happening - everything very primitive and frightening.  At the height of my fear, this was where my fear had brought me.  The water began to overtake me and I fought against the currents for the longest time.

Finally I grew weary and just let the waters take me.  I quit fighting against the current and closed my eyes.  When I opened them, I was back in "reality" and found it was not as big as my fears.

This dream really spoke to me.  So many times we get caught up in what we are afraid of, we can't focus on what we need to face.  I have been doing a little consulting with a couple of businesses and their main question is "help me see what I am missing".

I won't stand in their way - and it will be easier, once the fight goes out of us.

Until next time,
let me know if you need a hand,

Your pal,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence