Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Taste buds and love unite!

I love to bake!  It has been one of my favorite things to do with my daughters over the years.  And through the years, we have added to our repertoire of  items we "make and bake".  Many things we have made, everyone loves.  Taste buds and love unite!!!!  But other things, in fact a couple of my favorite things, have not been a favorite with my very own family.  How can we be related?  Do you ever wonder that, when something (or someone) you love does not win the heart of another person you love?

Or what about when your own  "taste changes".  When I was growing up, I remember eating macaroni and cheese, hot dogs and one particular tuna casserole with potato chips on top.  Ring any bells?  I can tell you that I no longer wish to eat these particular foods; my "taste" has changed.  By the same token,  I did not like olives, any type of fish (other than fish sticks) and also would not eat food that had "touched".  I will eat all types of olives now, try most fish and am not adverse to mixing and matching food on my plate.  Tastes change.

That happens with love, too.  The divorce rate didn't reach the heights it has soared too from a few simple bad choices.  Like a five course meal, love is complicated.  Which tools do you use?  There are a ton of recommendations but no book of instructions to ensure success in any relationship.  Human love is shallow or deep, complicated, conditional, (or not), ever changing, overwhelming  and necessary.  How can anyone survive that?    Our taste buds aren't much different.  They are sensitive, particular, discerning, ever changing and necessary for satisfaction.  Just like love, we are lucky if they last our lifetime.
This is LOVE 

One person's soul mate is another person's nightmare.  Your favorite dish is your child's punishment.  It's good that we are all so diverse but so interesting that we are all so diverse.  These thoughts all occur as I have been spending quality time holding my latest grandchild (first girl) and marveling at this thing called love, how quickly it presents itself, how you can see and feel the results of  love in the face of your grandchild.

I think I will go get a Sonic!
Match made in Heaven!

Until next time

your pal,
Kari
#whatislove







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence