Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Dateline-Sunday

What happened Sunday afternoon could have been the opening scene for one of my favorite shows, Dateline.

Says it all....
Madison and I had just come back to the house after finishing errands.  It was time to take her over to Robert's so they could head back to school.  She ran upstairs to grab a few things while I waited in the kitchen.

First, I heard blood-curdling screams accompanied by stomping and running.  I froze in place.  Almost immediately, I heard Madi begin screaming.  Before I could react, Madison screamed, "Mom, he's coming for you."

And he did.

This wild man burst into the kitchen.  He had the crazy eyes going and was coming for me.  I positioned myself on the other side of the island and we began running - him trying to catch me and me trying to get away.  I thought about running out of the house, but I couldn't leave my baby.  This went on for a few minutes before he leaped up on the island and lunged at me.

Yes, football season has begun with a hard fought victory by the Chiefs.  A
re you ready for some football?

It always starts out calm...
Terry subscribes to the theory that the game is interactive.  We have asked him to watch/listen to any Chiefs games upstairs as he does his level best to help officiate from the couch.  Not only does he officiate, he also assists in coaching.

Early on, Madi and I would use Sunday afternoons for errands, movies or just about anything to get us out of the house.  Before we would return, we would check for an update (via radio) to determine the status of the home-front.  When the news was good, we would just allow for a "cooling off" period before re-entering the house.  When the news was bad..... well, some say silence is golden.

If we had the misfortune of being at home during a game, we tried to make the best of it.  Usually this involved Madison sneaking upstairs to video any particularly moving performance given by Mr. French during the game.  We would then message it to other family members/friends for their enjoyment.  #priceless

On the bright side, there are only three teams Terry invests this much energy into (Yes, college football is another opportunity).  On the not-so-bright side, football has just begun, meaning that I will be "enjoying" this sport with him....without my early warning system (Madison).

Until next time,
#touchdown
#Kansas City

your pal,

Kari








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence