Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Play it again

Fall is my favorite time of year.  Even though it is contrary to the notion of winding things down, I always liken Fall to new things.  For example, school starts in the fall which equals new clothes, experiences and opportunities.  At least this is how I remember it.

Hola!
While I have been out of school for 11 years (most recently), this is the year that I am working on accomplishing things I generally just think about.  As I have already mentioned, Rosetta Stone Espanol is happening at my house and I have made it to Unit 2, Chapter 2 (there are 22 units with multiple chapters in all of them).  At this rate, this may be a multi-year effort.  And mainly because I am expecting perfect scores (or pretty darn close) for each chapter.  This has meant that some of them I have repeated a time or two (specifically pronunciation chapters) so that I can achieve a final score I can live with.

What else?  Okay, last week I started a Bible Study at my church.  This particular group meets at 4:00 pm and since I am right down the road, I hustle on over.  This is a small group (maybe 8-10 people regularly) but that isn't what I like best about it.  The best thing to me is that I AM THE YOUNGEST!!!  There are not very many opportunities for me to say this about anything I might participate in.  Most the time, I am on the other end of that spectrum.  So I am really looking forward to this week.

Candid evening shot
Is that all?  Well, no, as a matter of fact...this past Monday was my "first" piano lesson.  I say "first" in that I have not received any formal instruction for approximately 40 years.  When I was just a girl (and not in the Bible Study sense) I took lessons for 4-5 years and really enjoyed it.  I continue to be able to read music and from time to time, I attempt to play the piano we have at home.  Madi has been taking piano lessons for about 12 years and since she just left for college, I took the opportunity of an opening with her piano teacher and, well, as they say, the rest is history.  I have homework to work on before the next lesson which is fine because we all know I love structure.  I will let you know when I am available to play at venues.

I am still trying to work out somewhat regularly; knit on the three projects I currently have in process and read daily.   With new fall TV releasing this week, I am really going to have to focus on my schedule to get everything I want done!  Oh yea, and I have to work Monday through Friday.  Sigh,

This is what my day/evenings look like at a glance.  Alarm rings at 4:40 am - get up and work out or hit snooze until 5:40 and work out immediately following work (see, I allow for some flexibility).  Working hours are typically 7-4.  At five it's time to work out and start dinner or just start dinner (see above).  Immediately following dinner, I have my evening news date with Mom (45-60 minutes). While we are watching the news, I knit.  Immediately following the news, it is time for piano practic

e, followed by Rosetta Stone.  After Rosetta Stone, it is either time for a TV show or reading. We DVR all our shows which is a real benefit to scheduling.  I am no slave to the TV schedule.  Extracurricular activities (bible study and piano) are on Monday and Wednesday so that just pushes my other things back.  I might add that my mom is no slave to the TV schedule either.  She DVR's the news, so that we can watch at our leisure.

Fortunately, work has not interfered too much with all the things I am trying to get accomplished.   In fact, during a brown bag lunch earlier this week (did I mention I started a book club and knitting club at work?) we were all talking about what our evenings look like.  After I ran through my schedule, one of the ladies said "I go home, take off my bra and have a glass of wine"!  Apparently I am not the only one who has a plan for the evenings.

Like I said, I love Fall.

Until next time,
#itsallinaday

your pal,
Kari



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence