Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The trouble with dream vacations.....

Wow!  What a great week spent celebrating our 20th anniversary and having our friends join us on our adventure.  We accomplished so many "firsts" for all of us (and at our age, I didn't really think there would be that many left).

Jungle time! #zika
I have also discovered as I have entered this phase of my life (not sure exactly what it is) that I am much braver than I have ever been before.  I tend to make plans without going over every little detail that could possibly go wrong...who am I?

Example:  Last week on our "escape from reality" I zip lined.  Not just one line but six...did I mention this was in a jungle in Jamaica?  WHOOHOOO.  It was simply amazing.  And obviously a first because I am not keen on heights...or I didn't used to be.  A couple of these lines went from tree to tree with a very small platform to stand on (with about 10 other people).  I may have become a "tree hugger" also (he he).

Next up - Mayfield Falls.  I thought we would hike along the falls, casually getting in and out as the spirit moved us.  No!  It was a jump in and go type of experience with any walking being done through the falls.  The water was initially a shock, but soon became quite refreshing.  We spent about 45 minutes walking through the falls with Mr. French daring to swim through a hole in a rock from one body of water to another followed by he and Dr. Lesko climbing up (and then jumping off) a tree located by the Falls.

Favorite team of waiters (and husbands)
The next day our plans took us to Grand Cayman for first time scuba diving.  The past did come back to haunt us via past health issues (there are some things you just should not lie about to participate).  We quickly regrouped and went to the beach.  Everything about that decision was positive - the clear water and warm temperatures and is it too soon to mention a common theme throughout this vacation - margaritas!  Mr. French rented a jet ski (another first for me) and we raced back and forth over ocean waters.

Our final excursion was Friday and we went by catamaran to Isla Pasion - in Cozumel.  For those of you who didn't receive the big news - Terry and I are reigning champions in the water balloon competition, after eliminating about a dozen other couples.

Even after MARGARITAS, we still have it going on.
#champions

I haven't even mentioned the spa that we all frequented daily while on board the Carnival Breeze, (can you say massage and facial)?  Or the Yoga classes we participated in (even though French's don't have the flexibility to really call what we did participating!).  And of course, the impromptu dancing (ok - mainly me) during any conceivable opportunity.  I can't believe I almost forgot to mention dining at The Chef's Table (and TF tried EVERYTHING) #pickyeater

You must be asking by now, what possible trouble could be associated with a dream vacation like we just enjoyed?  It's really quite simple - dream vacations END.

 The literal cold dose of reality hit when we docked in Galveston on Sunday.  We raced to the car in record rain fall, and it was cold.  This week brought more rain and cooler temperatures, plus it was back to work.  Apparently drinks aren't served with breakfast (or anytime for that matter).

Until next time,
#detox

your pal,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence