Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Eye on the Prize

I was talking to a guy I work with the other day and he "schooled" me.  But in a good way.  He is retired military and was formerly active in the investigative unit.  He shared some things he remembered specifically while taking an evasive driving class.  He told me that if you focus on an obstacle while driving, you will hit that obstacle.  In a nutshell, what you focus on is what you make happen.

"You are a BadAss"
Of course, I needed to ponder this for awhile.  And this thought he shared reoccurred to me as I have been reading "You are a Badass:  How to stop doubting your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life" by Jen Sincero.

I am always reading (and will be glad to recommend) all types of thought provoking self-help books and I truly believe I benefit from them.  If nothing else, it causes me to think in different ways. I say "I have a book for that" like today's generation says "there is an app for that".  Name your poison and I can help.  Anyway, back to what's happening.

What IS happening in your life?  I ask this because if you believe you deserve more than what you currently have, your thought process (and subsequent actions) must line up with that belief.  I remember when my kids were young (er) and if frustrated they would say "I will never get this right...be able to do this...learn this...whatever it was.  And I always told them, "No, you sure won't. Not with that attitude.

If you believe something will NEVER happen, it never will.  If you believe you will NEVER meet the right person, you never will.  Our beliefs are like a night light.  When it is really dark, if you have a night light on - that is all you see.

So what am I believing in this year.  I believe in planning.  Because here again, if you don't plan it, (whatever it is), I guarantee you, it won't happen.  I am planning for changes in my life that will allow me to get done what I want to get done.  (one small example, cleaning out at least one cabinet or drawer every week-it's happening)  I am also writing down on the calendar what I want to do this year.  This could be accomplishments, visits to family, trips with my honey and/or piano lessons.  I am writing things down and assigning dates and times.  This is my "focus."

Sometimes it is as simple as how we might frame a thought.  Tonight will I say "I hope I get to work out?" or will I say "I am going to work out tonight."  See what I did there?

What do you believe?  About yourself?  This world we live in?  God's plan for you?

Until next time,
#makeithappen
#anythingISpossible

your pal,
Kari

Mark 9:23
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth" 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence