Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Ahhh summer!

First signs of trouble
Can you believe we are half way through summer already?  Except for extreme heat, this is one of my favorite times of year to enjoy the sun, swimming, outdoor cooking.....CONSTRUCTION (not).

There it is.  The one thing all areas have in common during the summer months.  Let's focus on getting those roads fixed before it gets too cold, rainy, treacherous...you catch my drift.  And I have become accustomed to that.  I sigh over the "one lane ahead" signs, I lament over "prepare to stop" signs and I grit my teeth when I reach a "Road Closed" announcement.  But I can roll with it (literally).

However, this year has reached a new level of frustration.  WE HAVE CONSTRUCTION GOING ON INSIDE THE BUILDING.  And I don't just mean the inconvenience of painting or carpet replacement, I am talking full on BATHROOM RENOVATIONS.

What does that mean for me?  Well, I really need to put a lot of thought and planning into bathroom breaks now as they involve some distance (including stairs).  Let's just say there is no such thing as "running down the hall".   Strategy is key here because obviously many people have had their "habits" relocated.  I could really use GPS to find the nearest restroom now and perhaps an app like Open Reservation (think Open Seating) so I can see what is available for me.  Desperately trying to avoid those types of lines you see at Black Friday sales.

Half full.
In this heat, with all the travel now involved in finding a restroom, I think it is time to consider whether we need to offer a water, first aid, or snack station located in appropriate places along the route.  Just to meet all our creature comforts along the way.  Perhaps a bench or two to sit down and catch our breath.

And did I mention THE NOISE?  Jackhammers going off (and on) throughout the day reminds me of a terminal dental appointment.  The walls sometimes make groaning noises that stand my hair on end.  Since all the restrooms are located in the same place on every floor, sometimes I am sure I can feel the vibrations going on where work is happening.


The good news is (remember, I am always half full) that this too shall pass.  Our reward will be sparkling new facilities (that other floors will then line up to use).  Did I mention this is a progressive renovation?  Our gain will be their loss.  Sigh.

Until next time,
#thisisnotadrill



Your pal,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence