Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Trying to create an epidemic - of Grace!

I was talking about a program we administer at work the other day with an industry peer and I made the comment as I was describing it "the way we apply it now, there is no Grace. No one can be successful without a little Grace,"  He looked a little puzzled.

As I was leaving and driving home, I started thinking about the overall importance of Grace in our lives.  When I think of Grace, notice I capitalize it because to me, it is that important.  It is my belief, that none of us can survive the cruelties of this world without the hope of Grace.

Grace has many meanings.   As a noun it can mean a simple elegance or refinement of movement, an elegance, poise or finesse.  As a verb it can mean to do honor or credit to someone or something by one's presence.  It is also a beautiful name.  As a noun, I can claim no fame to grace, and only sarcastically do I dare use it as a verb.

But that isn't the type of Grace I mean.  As as Christian, I have learned the biblical meaning of grace with an acronym to help me remember...There is nothing we have done, nor can ever do to earn this favor (of God's grace).  

So I like to use Grace in everyday life as a favor rendered by one who need not do so.  Some may call it an indulgence but I don't think so.  I believe it is an choice that we make as a means of helping others learn life's lessons in a positive rather than punitive manner.
 
Opportunities for Grace are everywhere.  I challenge parents, kids, teachers, politicians, leaders, friends, sisters, brothers, grandparents,,,whatever title you wear; before you react to whatever circumstances are happening, is there an occasion for Grace?   

I love showing Grace (it's a beautiful thing)  I love receiving Grace (it's a humbling thing)  I love SAYING Grace (it's a joyful thing)!

I don't know about you, but Grace has saved me.  
#share it

Until next time,
#savedbyGod'sGrace

your pal,
Kari

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence